All of our consultants work directly with our clients to deliver solutions. That means we look for people who want to combine their computer science knowledge with a desire to make our clients happy. Our team members typically work on projects from beginning to end, and our goal is to grow your skills so that you can be a true consultant, not just a programmer. Two years of experience at Dunn Solutions can provide you with the same level of exposure and skills as five years at other consulting organizations.
We run a business-casual environment, where teamwork is valued and direct communication is essential. Although we have career paths, we operate very much like a flat organization, where each person has the right, and the duty, to make sure we do the best job for our clients!
Dunn Solutions Group, Inc. seeks Business Intelligence Project Lead in Minneapolis, MN
DSG is a digital transformation consultancy focusing on E-Commerce, Analytics and Marketing Automation. We are looking for high-energy, motivated candidates who love applying analytics to real-world business challenges, to join our analytics team in Minneapolis, MN. Our customers have so much information and data and yet they don’t use it to become a high performance data driven organization; we want to change that!
This Analytics Project Lead Consulting position ensures that you will have high-exposure to our clients putting you on the front lines of the action. Your primary goal is to understand their challenges so you can devise the right integration of business process and technology to help them realize success.
Successful candidates must have a love for data and the insights it can bring to business as well as the ability to lead a project team to a successful implementation.
- Understand and document the business challenge so that the client and the project team are on the same page.
- Identify the analytics that are critical for the solution (KPIs, metrics, descriptive analytics, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics)
- Imagine the various analytics solutions to business problems and identify the one that best fits the need; the people and supporting technologies.
- Architect the solution; at a process level and at a technical level
- Manage the project team to success
- Manage the project to success
The following skills are required:
- Understanding of advanced analytics (descriptive, predictive and prescriptive) and how they are used in real-world situations
- Understanding of technology that supports data storage, data processing and data movement.
- Understanding of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of ETL (or ELT) tools
- Skilled in one or more analytics visualization tools
- Understand the Structured Query Language and relational databases
- Understanding of transactional data structures (3NF and star schemas)
- Understanding of ML (not necessarily to the level of a data scientist, though that would be a plus)
- A degree in analytics or computer science
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
Beyond working with clients, there are also opportunities to:
- Submit content to our analytics BLOG
- Speak at user groups, conferences and seminars
- Work with our marketing team on our campaigns
- Work with our account reps on proposals and customer demonstrations
For more information about Dunn Solutions Group, please visit our website at www.dunnsolutions.com.
Position is a Full-Time permanent salaried with benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), long term disability, paid vacation, PTO, and holiday pay). Applicant must be U.S Citizen or currently able to legally work in the U.S. on a Full-Time basis.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in working in a dynamic environment with the best people, please apply here or send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.
**No agencies or phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.**
- 3+ years of total IT experience
- 2+ years data warehousing environments/projects
- 2+ years Enterprise ETL tool experience (SSIS, Informatica or Data Integrator preferred, others possibly acceptable)
- 2+ years star schema data modeling experience
Should have good data modeling experience (physical and logical)
BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other computer related degree is required.
All candidates must have excellent communication skills and written skills with project write-ups and technical documentation. Candidates will be required to demonstrate examples of prior written work that have been completed in this area.
Ability to travel between 15-35% annually